There are many benefits to registering an international company in an offshore finance centre such as Vanuatu, where there are no personal or corporate income taxes, no capital gains taxes and a relatively high degree of privacy regarding ownership.
- the company can be formed within one day. Upon special request a one-hour incorporation service can be provided, at an extra cost of US$100, payable to the Vanuatu Financial Services Commission.
- the company may hold a Vanuatu bank account in any major currency. There are no exchange controls into or out of Vanuatu. Currently the NBV is the only local bank which will provide banking facilities;
- there is a high degree of confidentiality in respect of an international company
- directors and shareholders have to be disclosed to the Vanuatu Financial Services Commission but are not held on public record;
- there is a “Constitution” instead of Memorandum and Articles of Association, which may be adopted, or amended to meet specific requirements;
- the name of the company may use any words or abbreviations in any language which connotes the existence of a body corporate eg. 1) “inc.” or “Incorporated” 2) “Corp” or “Corporation” may be used in the place of “Limited”;
- there is no requirement for audit and the company may keep it’s accounting records, minutes, and registers anywhere;
- there is no requirement to hold annual general meetings or to file annual returns;
- the company may purchase, redeem or hold it’s own shares, as long as it does not become the sole member;
- the name can be altered in due course if required;
The requirements of an international company in Vanuatu are:
- the company is of an ‘offshore’ nature. It is not permitted to do business in Vanuatu other than with another international company, but is able to deal with it’s accountants, lawyers and bankers in Vanuatu; the company must have a registered agent in Vanuatu;
- there are “incorporators” (rather than initial subscribers) being deemed members until shares are allotted and the company may have a single incorporator as well as a single member;
- there must be at least one director, who may reside anywhere in the world, and may be a natural person or a body corporate;
- banks, insurance and trust companies must be incorporated as exempted (not international) companies;
Fees to Incorporate an international company:
Due on or before the 30th June each year:The statutory services fee charged by JKA includes the provision of nominee shareholders, the company’s registered office, registered agent, custody of minute books and the maintenance of the company’s statutory registers. Simple tasks such as dealing with correspondence, attending to phone calls etc are also included in the statutory services fee and will not result in additional charges, though additional fees will be levied for more complex tasks and requests.To incorporate an international company contact us.
|Companies office incorporation fee||US$ 150|
|JKA incorporation costs||US$ 525|
|JKA annual statutory services fee payable in advance (pro-rata to 30 June)||US$ 840|
|Disbursements (approx.)||US$ 50|
|Establish bank account (only available at National Bank of Vanuatu) (min charge)||US$ 210|
Due on or before the 30th June each year:
|Companies office annual registration fee||US$ 300|
|JKA incorporation costs||US$ 840|
The statutory services fee charged by JKA includes the provision of nominee shareholders, the company’s registered office, registered agent, custody of minute books and the maintenance of the company’s statutory registers. Simple tasks such as dealing with correspondence, attending to phone calls etc are also included in the statutory services fee and will not result in additional charges, though additional fees will be levied for more complex tasks and requests.
To incorporate an international company contact us.